Friday, January 16, 2009

I just can't take it anymore.

From Friday October 10 2008

On any given day, I have my computer tuned to KTOK AM1000 OKC, listening to Glenn Beck from 8-11, then Rush Limbaugh from 11-2 and Sean Hannity from 2-4 and local guy Mark Shannon from 4-430 and then in the Jeep until I get home. This morning, I closed the window. Upon hearing the breaking news that 6 minutes after the opening bell the Dow is down 678.91. A quick check and I see that our stocks are all below 50%. At that point, according to the news, the only stock on the exchange that was up, was GE, and only by a few cents. Our economy is falling apart. The world's economies are all swirling down the toilet on the heals of the collapse of the american mortgage finance giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. And the stupid bailout of both of them and AIG and apparently any other industry that Congress would like to get their hands on. Of course, the liberal media spins this a as being caused by a lack of government oversight on the part of Bush. Puleeeze! Below, there is a link to a youtube video which shows the Democrats LYING about the actions inside Fannie and Freddie. This footage is from 2004 when Republicans, including George W. Bush, were investigating and calling for reform and regulation in the activities of Mae and Mac. Of course, the controlling majority democrats refused to do anything as it would interfere with their underhanded financial deals.

Lying Democrats

I was in the midst of a big, long, rant about this and the state of our economy. Then it hit me. It's a little like me listening to Glenn, Rush, Sean , and Mark. We are all on the same side. I'm in the choir and they are all preaching to me. Almost everyone that might read this is in the choir as well. The last thing you need is me preaching to you. Those of you who are not in the choir, I'll not name names, you know the truth. I think you are over there just because you are fed up with the way things are, and you want to believe that one man can "change" everything, and make it all better, but he can't. And you know this. Deep down inside, you know that McCain/Palin are by far the lesser of the two evils we have to choose from.

There is no way I would ever vote for NObama. Period. Back early in the campaign, I sat down and watched one of his rallys. About 10 minutes into it, the following thoughts went through my head. "Wow, this guy knows how to work a crowd. He hasn't said anything though. Change, what is he going to change? How is he going to change whatever it is? Hope? What am I hoping for? This guy is nothing. He's an empty suit. His mouth is moving, sounds are coming out, but he isn't saying anything." Then later his policys started becoming public.

Lets have a quick look at a few. My thoughts are in italics.

OK to kill infants, even if the abortion is botched and the baby survived, he is in favor of killing the already born baby. Hmmm, if a teenager gives birth in a toilet, and throws the baby in the trash can and it dies, it's considered murder, but Obama thinks it's ok for a doctor to do it.

Yank our troops out of Iraq whether they can stand on their own or not. Iran would invade and take over within 12 months of the US departure.

Increase taxes on the rich. The rich own the companies the rest of us work for. If their taxes are increased, their profit margins will decrease. When profits are down, raises are smaller if they exist at all, and the same goes for bonuses too.

Penalize the Oil companies because they made record profits. Oh, you made money, shame on you. All of you know that my lovely wife works for an oil company. They have been doing very well the last few years. She has gotten many good raises and bonuses, and their benefits get better every year. Thanks to those reecord profits, we have a nice house, two nice cars, our daughter goes to a Christian private school, we wear nice clothes, we travel, we spend that money that Renee earns working for that big evil profit making oil company. This year, I actually paid a college student to care for my lawn for me. Shame on you big oil, you're evil profits have touched many many lives.

He wants to ban guns. Look at Chicago's crime rate. He helped to pass a measure outlawing law abiding citizens from purchasing firearms. From May 26th- September 1st, there were 123 people shot and killed in the city of Chicago. During that same time period, there were 65 American shot and killed in Iraq. This is not an effort to insinuate that Iraq is safer than Chicago, but one to show what an abject failure gun bans are. Ban guns, and violent crime skyrockets. I won't take the time to site the fallen foreign powers who banned guns across the populace.

I'll stop at this point, no sense beating a dead anything. These were just a few of the amazingly obvious reasons not to vote for NObama. Tell him to Keep the Change.

I think I'm going to strive for a no politics/economy weekend. I just don't know how much I can take.

Boomer Sooner! Beat Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment